*climbs EVERYTHING (I found him standing on top of the table...)
Monday, December 28, 2009
*climbs EVERYTHING (I found him standing on top of the table...)
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 12:45 PM
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Jack dressed as Fonzie for Halloween
Molly dressed as Joni (as in Jonie loves Chachi)
Jack's favorite hobby... making messes!
- favorite foods are bananas and raisins
- tries to get in the onion drawer for the "apfels"
- plays "hat" with Molly
- loves his "shooshs" (shoes)
- constantly wants to "brush teesh"
- wears a size four diaper
- tries to plug everything in (thank God for baby proofing)
- is still scared of the vacuum, but doesn't cry anymore when he sees it
- favorite TV show is Sesame Street
- still loves his Blue Puppy and takes it everywhere (if you ever see a Blue Puppy at Target that is made by Carter's Just One Year let me know... we need a replacement puppy)
- LOVES Mommy and Daddy's room and the Bathroom
- takes one two hour nap in the afternoon but sleeps from 730 - 7 at night
- sings Old McDonald, 5 Little Ducks, Happy and shakes his little butt to the beat
- melts Mommy's heart because he still loves to cuddle
Molly (8 months):
- is currently getting four new teeth, but you would hardly know she's teething
- loves baby yogurt, cinnamon raisin granola, and corn cassrole
- always wants a spoon to chew on
- cracks up at Jack when he throws a fit
- just started playing "hat"
- doesn't crawl yet but still manages to get all over the room
- pulls books off the shelf
- wears a size three diaper
- takes two naps (but is a cat napper)
- sleeps from 7 ish to 7 ish at night
- belly laughs when I wipe under her chin
- is very ticklish
- has the sweetest disposition and is such a content baby
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 10:56 AM
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Here's what's been going on in the past month:
- Molly got her first and second tooth and loves to show them off.
- Jackson got tooth #13, 14, 15, and 16 and managed to fall and cut his lip twice in three days
- school, school, school, school, and repeat
- Andy started his new schedule of T-S 7-5... we are loving this!
- My sister-in-law and brother-in-law had their pretty baby girl
- I got rear-ended and broke my nose and got a couple stitches... the Vitara is totaled and the other guy wasn't hurt
- we're car shopping (SUV with 4 wheel drive-- if you know of one for sale!)
- Molly sits all by herself and has graduated to three meals a day. She also loves playing peek-a-boo and to "dangle" upside down
- both Jack and Molly are doing great at their new sitter and they love going to her house to play
- Jack fed Molly a goldfish cracker... she gagged and threw it up and I retrieved the rest of it. She's fine and Jack was scolded! But, he just loves to share everything with his little sister.
- Jack now says "my pretty, pretty baby" to Molly (he's probably heard me say it a time or two)
- Jack sings several songs including New Kids on the Block, E-I-E-I-O, and the pancake song
That's about it for our little family!
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 7:33 AM
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Bare butt fun in the kitchen...
Molly is getting sooo big and is rolling in circles these days.
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 5:59 AM
Saturday, July 11, 2009
I definitely did not feel tempted to turn the hose on when Jackson was chewing on the end while playing in the kiddie pool. I am a responsible, loving mother who would never give in to temptation just for a good laugh.
I definitely did not ignore my crying children so I could check Facebook. I always jump up at the first sound they make to get them up from their naps.
I definitely did not pick up an already-been-through-the-digestive-system raisin off the floor. My son's waste always stays in the diaper and I always change him immediately after he goes.
I definitely did not get up to feed my daughter at 2 am and then get sucked into a Rolling Stones special on PBS. I always put my daughter back to bed immediately so she does not get used to being up in the middle of the night. I never just sit there holding her, watching her sleep.
I definitely did not boycott mopping my kitchen floor until my new steam mop gets here. I always mop and sanitize my floor daily. See "raisin" above.
I definitely did not feed Jackson the rest of Molly's cereal when he was throwing a fit yesterday. I thoroughly believe in teaching my children that throwing fits does not get them their own way.
I definitely did not hug my children enough this week... that I definitely did not do.
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 8:37 AM
Thursday, June 11, 2009
The Third Year
Look how big Molly is getting! It's hard to believe she was only as big as the baby doll three months ago!
Molly is busy smiling super-sunny smiles, rolling over belly to back and cooing! She seems to have caught up physically and developmentally to babies her age!
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 9:44 AM
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Welp, I'm back to work and Andy has been holding down the fort this past week. He's doing an amazing job (not that I ever thought he wouldn't). He even took both kids to get their immunizations on Tuesday, waited in line with both babies for over an hour, handled fussies all afternoon, and the house was still clean when I got home from work!
Molly went to the doc on Friday and weighs over 10 lbs. now! She is actually sleeping decently at night in 5-6 hour increments which we think is awesome. Jack was a super good sleeper, but Molly might just be the best yet!
Jack went to the doc yesterday and weighs over 22 lbs. He is right in the fiftieth percentile for height, length, and weight. He is refusing to let us feed him any food except yogurt. He wants to feed himself everything, so he gets several baths everyday and has several clothes changes, too. He is super snuggly when I get home from work, but is oddly attracted to my feet. He pops his thumb in his mouth, grabs my big toe, and rubs his cheek on my instep. It tickles like crazy and I have to fight the instinct to kick him, but it's so cute that it melts my heart. He has also started to give kisses at random now. We used to have to coax him, but now he kisses when he's happy with us. His words now include: mama, dada, all done, and nana. He will say nanananananananana whenever he's in his highchair and the kid would eat four bananas everyday if we let him. Andy and I just keep saying how fun this age is! He also loves his little sister and wants to grab her all the time. He is also a binky thief... crawls over to her in the bouncy seat and *schnoink* grabs it out of her mouth and pops it in his...he thinks this is hilarious!
My students were glad to have me back and I'm happy to talk to adults again during the day. But, I'm still glad that I only have three more weeks of work until summer!
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 4:53 AM
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Happy first birthday, Bubby! We love you so much!
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 7:35 PM
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 9:30 AM
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Nope, I don't think so. The magic email telling me how far along I am in pregnancy is wrong. They apparently don't know that I had my baby...
Anyway, according to that email, the baby should be 6.8 lbs and 19 inches long.
According to Molly's one month checkup, she is 7 lbs and 19 1/4 inches long.
Mom got Molly a baby doll that was roughly her size when she was born, and we are using that to gauge Molly's growth.
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 1:16 PM
Monday, March 30, 2009
Big breakfast bottle and snuggle time with Mommy
Naptime for Jack and showertime/cleaning time/breakfast time/ laundry time, etc for Mommy
This is basically all Molly does all day other than eat and poo
Playing peek-a-boo at the front door
Celebrating Grandpa's birthday and playing "hat"
Ready for bed... Night night!
Jackson turned eleven months old and Molly turned one month old the next day. Molly goes to the doctor on Wednesday so we will see how much weight she has gained. She is getting bigger and filling out her newborn clothes. I was only too happy to pack away the preemie stuff. Someday I'll pull it out and be amazed that she was ever that little!
Posted by Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie at 12:25 PM