Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Friday, October 12, 2007

10 Weeks

It's very frustrating when none of my clothes fit and maternity clothes are still too big. When the only thing that is comfortable is flannel pajama pants, I really question if I want to look professional or not get poked by a safety pin all day. Usually, professional wins out and I live in fear of my zipper falling down because I can't button my pants. But, after seeing Carla's big baby belly, mine doesn't seem that bad:)

Other than the marathon work day on Monday, this week was pretty low key. I rationalized showing my students Jurassic Park for the past two days (it tied in with a short story) and I've been grading like a madwoman. My kids are so good! I like them more everyday.

Not much is going on with us right now. We're just working like crazy and I'm sleeping all the time. Andy is teaching guitar classes at Plain Local Schools on Saturdays and he had to turn in lesson plans. It was funny seeing him do teacher stuff and whine about it, when I do that kind of stuff every week (especially the whining).

Baby is healthy and getting bigger. It is supposedly the size of a lime (a small one) right now. We go to hear the heart beat in a couple weeks. I'll probably cry and Andy will just smile like crazy. Life is definitely good!

6 comments:

Dale and Gail said...

Love the little baby countdown thingy! Does it move automatically? How fun to watch it change along with watching you get more and more pregnant! May will be here before we know it.

Dale and Gail said...

And, one more thing, until you can find professional-looking flannel pajama pants, you're just gonna have to put up with a few pin sticks! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Try the rubberband trick with the buttons on your pants. Double the rubberband, loop one end through your buttonhole, and the other over your button. Much safer than safety pins!

Anonymous said...

Stace, check out this site! I think they are really cute and would definately help!


http://www.babybeminematernity.com/index.html


Rox

Katie said...

Three friends of mine are also having babies next Spring and they're all singing the same tune: I have nothing to wear!! They're doing the safety pin thing, too. Have you started shopping for maternity clothes yet?

Robin said...

heartbeat tomorrow??