Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Getting Bigger!

Jackson is having a growth spurt and supposedly gained six ounces this last week. I definitely feel that he is getting bigger and much stronger. My baby tummy is much higher and sticky-outer. Andy still loves feeling him kick and move all around.

We're gradually getting things ready for the baby... the crib is set up and the dresser is still awaiting its bottom bracket. Once that's together, we can unload the baskets of clothes and diapers and random baby stuff. I'm chomping at the bit to get things put away and organized. The office is slowly transforming into the nursery, much to Andy's credit. I haven't done much to help, but it's all Andy's music stuff anyway!

Mom is doing very well after her surgery. She's able to move around on her own and is spending more time up and about everyday. She's doing much better than she even thought she would.

These next couple weeks will be kind of crazy. I'm getting ready for my Praxis III assessment on Feb. 7 (an assessor from the state comes to watch me teach and decides if I can keep teaching for the next several years). I'm not nervous, but it includes alot of paperwork and planning that a normal teaching day doesn't require. I also have P-T conferences coming up and then Andy and I are going out of town the weekend after Valentine's Day (probably our last chance to get away alone for awhile). We're definitely looking forward to getting away and spending time together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel so great to start getting the baby room ready? It makes you finally realize that someone new will actually be living in your home!

Glad to hear that your mom is healing well. Sounds like she'll be in great shape for Jackson's arrival.

Good luck on your Praxis!

P.S. - Have you been your reading your "...First Year." book? See page 198 - Hypospadias. I would've never thought of such a thing. Let's just hope that our babies are born sharp-shooters, if ya' know what I mean! HA HA

Dale and Gail said...

Stace-- check out your baby countdown. 26 weeks and only 137 days to go?!? That would be one long pregnancy! Good thing Jackson knows what he's doing in there or we'd all be real impatient by July!