Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am thankful...

After reading this blog (www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com) about one woman's decision to carry her baby to term knowing the baby would not live and bawling my eyes out, I am thankful that...

... I never had to decide what perfume to wear to the hospital because I knew my baby would only smell me once
... I heard my healthy baby's cry when he was born and didn't have to utter the words "is he alive?"
... I get to hear the fine nuances between his hungry cry and his tired cry
... I get interrupted sleep
... I get to hold his warm little body and feel him reach up to touch my face

I am thankful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a powerful testimony this woman has......and a wonderful, genuine way of writing. I read her blog here at work (over several days) and had to keep splashing cold water over my puffy, red face. It's a definite multi-kleenex story. So MUCH we take for granted and stress over. Thanks for the link, Stacey. I needed to be reminded how BLESSED I am!!! Love, Auntie Ann

Lynne said...

What a great thing to read,. I am glad that you posted the link for us to all read. Agreed with Ann, multi kleenex's for sure.

H. said...

very good testimony of having hope through heartache...