Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Not Me! Monday

This week, I definitely did not:

  • Hear my cruising-on-furniture daughter fall down and cry. I definitely did not tell her she's okay and to shake it off without looking at her. I definitely did not look up once she was done crying to discover that she had a bloody lip. I am always attentive to my children's every move.
  • Repeatedly put in Little People dvds because it kept my kids quiet while I had the flu. When I say "repeatedly" I mean about 10 times a day (and I do not exaggerate).
  • Pawn my children off on their wonderful grandparents all day Saturday while I dealt with said flu. I am Super-Mom and a little sickness would never keep me from playing with my kids all day.
  • Let my kids eat cheesy popcorn before lunch to the point where they didn't want lunch. I always adhere to strict dietary guidelines when feeding my children.
  • Have a two-hour delay on Thursday and wasted the extra time in the morning by reading blogs. I always put housework before fun.
  • Criticize my husband's ability to sweep the floor. I am ever so grateful for the help around the house no matter the quality of help and our floor is never dirty and covered in french fries and Fruit Loops, anyway.

Everyone says I will miss these kid-filled, mess-filled, sickness-filled, cheesy-popcorn-filled days. They're probably right.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I didn't know you were on the MckMama bandwagon! Doesn't she rock?

H. said...

haha still enjoying the stationary days here but I know the fruit loop/cheesy popcorn days are just around the corner!!