Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's My Potty and I'll Go If I Want To

This week, I decided to potty train Jackson. I researched the internet. I bought tiny little boy underpants (so stinkin adorable). I hit the Dollar Store and bought new books, flashcards, stickers, and a special basket just for beside the potty. We've been watching Elmo's Potty Time for months. We've been putting Jack on the potty before bathtime to get him used to it.

He loves to "pee pee in the potty". But, he hasn't actually pee peed in the potty yet.

Day one he had several accidents in his underpants and he definitely does not like wet underpants (who does?). He also sprayed himself in the face with the carpet cleaner (Mother Of The Year Award is mine!) but he's fine.

Day two, he just didn't pee all morning. He kept his underpants dry but didn't pee in the potty either despite the twenty times I put him on it in four hours.

Some people would get frustrated by now. I consider it progress.

0 comments: