Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Such a Biggie Boy!



Jack is quickly approaching three months and he has really changed these past couple weeks. I tried to measure and weigh him myself (step on scale with baby, hope baby weighs 20 lbs., step on scale without baby, subtract second weight from first weight, kick scale, hurt toe). He is about 25 inches long and weighs around 13.5 lbs. He definitely had a growth spurt and has left the newborn stage and is truly an infant. He looks more like Andy everyday and has developed quite the personality. When he decides he's hungry, he'll scream until he gets his bottle. When he's too tired, he has to be convinced to fall asleep. When he's happy, he coos and smiles and waves his hands and feet frantically. He's incredibly alert and active, always looking around and moving. He now sucks his thumb regularly which is really cute. I can hear him slurping away over the monitor at night. We've been trying to let him cry himself to sleep which usually works at night, but he cannot cry himself to sleep for naps. I'm scared he will never be a good napper and hoping he will for his own sake (and mine!).

We're quickly outgrowing our apartment and we really want to move into a house, but we're trying to figure out what we can afford without stretching ourselves too thin. The whole process is stressful and I'm sick of it, but incredibly anxious to get everything figured out.

I have about four more weeks until school starts and I'm ready to go back, but I'll be sad leaving the baby. Luckily, Andy will be home with him for the majority of the first two weeks. I think Andy is starting to get worried that he'll go crazy home alone with the baby, but I think he's going to do a great job. He's already such and incredible daddy and I love watching my two guys play together.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

What an adorable smile on the second picture. He is getting so big and so cute. And yes, he is looking more like Andy, sorry Stacy.

Katie said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. He is so handsome!

H. said...

That smile makes me want to melt!! He is just too precious and he REALLY looks like Andy in that smiley picture.....wow!