Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Soooo tired

Like we predicted, life is crazy right now. We've been working at the house until very late for several nights now. The kitchen is painted, the living room is de wallpapered, joint compounded, sanded (oh, the dust everywhere!), primed, and half way painted, Jack's room is minus the border and cleaned and on the list to be painted next. We're so excited to make the house our home, but for now it's just a construction zone.

I had my first doctor's appointment and ultrasound yesterday. They think I'm due on April 14th, but I have to go back next week for another ultrasound so we can see the baby's heartbeat and get better measurements. There is only one yolk sack, so we're fairly certain it's just one baby again! I'm definitely feeling more pregnant now and feeling reassured that everything is okay. I had my first bout of bad morning sickness this morning, but I'm quickly remembering how to deal with it. Taking care of a almost-four-month-old and having morning sickness is much more difficult than my first pregnancy. Oh well, at least this little baby is healthy.

Jack had his first double ear infection hit on Friday. We went to the doctor since he was running a pretty high fever and got some antibiotics. He was pretty grumpy for a couple days, but now he's back to playing and talking. He still has a runny nose but it doesn't seem to bother him. He's been so good as we have had to shuttle him around from babysitter to babysitter so we can work on the house. Tonight, Mommy and Jack are going to stay home and get some much needed rest while Daddy comes home from work in time to go work at the house.

I hope to post some pictures soon of the house and Jack. He is getting so big and expressive. I go back to work on Friday, so I'm dreading leaving him, but Andy is off on Friday and Monday to take care of him.

2 comments:

H. said...

Glad Jack is feeling better and hopefully you'll breeze through that first day back to school...Brian and I are free this Saturday if you want us to help with anything around your new house...put us to work!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your crazy life sounds all too familiar! Remodling a house is no easy task! Except for me, I didn't have a 3 month old to care for as well.....and I wasn't also pregnant at the time.....and I wasn't trying to plan a school year.....ok so maybe it's not exactly the same. lol You're one tough momma!

Anyway, glad everyone is healthy! Let us know if you need anything!

Rox