Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Surprise of a Lifetime

Andy and I found out on Monday that we are going to have another baby in April. Obviously, this was not a planned event, but we are thrilled and ecstatic that God is once again blessing us with a child. Andy is super excited and I'm slowly getting there, too. It's very overwhelming to think that we will have an eleven month old and a newborn baby. I'm worried that Jack won't get enough attention and that I have to take another maternity leave from work and that I won't be able to handle two infants and that I have to work through a second pregnancy in a year and a half, etc. etc. However, God is providing for us in amazing ways and we are so thankful that we will soon be holding another bundle of joy in our arms. We know we have an awesome family to love and support us as we take on this new endeavor and we are eternally grateful for them. We are overjoyed with Jackson and can only imagine the love and joy the new baby will bring!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooooooo!!! This is soo exciting! I'm ecstatic for you! Yes, it will be a challenge but don't forget that you are surrounded by an abundance of people who will support you and give a helping hand whenever you need it!! This is going to be an adventure for you, but oh how amazing it is!

Congratulations AGAIN!!!! I can't wait to see if Jackson will have a little brother or sister!

Rox

BabyWolfe said...

We are thrilled for you guys! You two make up an amazing parenting team and we have every bit of faith that Jackson and your new little one will have all the love and attention they need. As overwhelming as I'm sure it is, what an amazing time in your lives! We are always here for you, please let us help in any way we can, that's what family is for!! Congratulations to you both and to Jackson, you are going to be the big brother now!! We love you guys!
Tony & Jen

Lynne said...

Wow! This is exciting.
This will be a challenge, but you are both great parents and you both can handle anything.

Congratulations once again! And to Jackson too!
Lynne

H. said...

Congratulations on your baby Wolfe #2 and Grandbaby Wolfe #3 :-)

Dale and Gail said...

Look at the cute double time line. Soon Baby will pass up Jack since Baby will be done before Jack is one year old. Yes, I know I'm babbling...the shock hasn't quite worn off yet. But, once again, if ever there were two parents that can handle this, it's you guys. God does not make mistakes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey! I know I have not been in contact with you much, but I wanted to first congratulate you and Andy on the birth of Jackson. I got to see him at Claire's first birthday party, and he is beautiful! Congratulations also on expecting your second baby. I am so excited for you. I also wanted to let you know I had the same feelings you are having when I found out I was pregnant with Claire when Garrett was six months old. Tim and I were surprised to find out we were pregnant. Tim was head over heals excited, and I cried ~ not tears of joy, but tears of fear. I felt like I would be robbing Garrett of quality mommy time because during pregnancy I am a very tired person. I also felt like I was mentally and physically not ready for another baby. Then, everything changed. Just before my first tri-mester was up, I spotted very heavily. I went to the doctor, had an ultra sound, and there was little claire doing just fine. I was never so relieved in all my life, and neither was Tim. From that moment on, I stopped worrying about everything else, and just concentrated on what a gift another baby would be and how wonderful it would be for Garrett to have a sibling. I will not lie to you, the first few months are really difficult, but in the big picture, the first few months are such a short amount of time.

I often wonder if God had not blessed us with Claire when he did...would I still be "wondering" if I could handle two...

Congratulations! I think you will be wonderful parents.

Aunt Kay