Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Eye see it!

Yesterday, Jack went back to the opthamologist to see if the iris cyst went away. After waiting for over an hour and several rounds of dilation drops, the doctor came in and inserted what looked like an eyelash curler into my infant son's eye (yes, INTO...) to hold it open while I held him down. Jack screamed bloody murder, I tried not to look and not cry too, and the doctor tried to show me the cyst. "Look, Mom, look. Do you see it?!? Do you see it!?!" I lied and said yes so he would take the thing out of my son's eye. I think God will forgive me.

Anyway, the cyst is still there, but it isn't any larger and we go back in three months to see if it has gone away. The doctor did mention some kind of ultrasound laser treatment, but then said "I don't know how we would do that in a baby. I'll have to research it." I'm thinking I don't want any kind of expiremental procedure done to my kid!

Jack recovered quickly and Andy and I actually went out for lunch with a relatively quiet baby (we did drive around a little bit so he would fall asleep first). It was nice to do something normal again with some minor adjustments.

Today, Andy gave in to constant pressure from his boss and went golfing. But, I get to get my hair done this evening so it's a good trade!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I don't think that I would like things stuck in my eye either like that let alone a cute litte guy like Jack. Glad that things went well and that it has not grown. Enjoy this nice weather with Jack!and Andy too.

H. said...

Ouch! Poor little guy...we'll pray that the cyst will be totally gone by the next Dr.'s visit.

Anonymous said...

Those mean ol' medical people.....
Glad to hear it's no worse and in a few more monthes it WILL be all gone (think positively!) Cute title for this entry! Good to see all three of you this weekend. Love, Auntie Ann