Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Dead puppies aren't much fun!

I was driving to work today thinking what a good day I was going to have. I was wearing jeans and flip flops, I wasn't sick, it was Friday and going to be beautiful... It was dark and foggy at 5:45 as I was driving through Robertsville, when, out of nowhere (really, it always comes from somewhere, doesn't it?), a big yellow dog ran out in front of my car. Usually, I break for nothing smaller than a deer (the opossum I ran over earlier this week can attest to that), but I good-heartedly swerved as to miss the big yellow dog that was stupidly running on my road. Unfortunately, Big Yellow Dog had a small, black friend (a dog, not a person) that I savagely ran over. I immediately called Andy to report the fact that I killed a puppy, but, honestly, I don't feel very bad about it at all. The dog was on my road, running the direction I was driving, not wearing reflective clothing... he had it coming. So, Big Yellow Dog, where ever you are, may you live long and always remember the little black dog that took the bullet for you.

***
Student: Mrs. Wolfe, would you strangle a puppy to death for a million dollars?
Me: Yes, but running over them doesn't get my hands as dirty.
(Seriously, where do these kids come up with this stuff?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Stacey....you crack me up But you're right. BYD and his friend should've been wearing reflective clothing AND he should've hired one of the neighborly squirrels to direct traffic. Ya' know....orange vest, whistle, hand-held stop sign.....I mean, c'mon....this is the 21st century, right?

Rox

Dale and Gail said...

I thought pregnant women were supposed to get MORE emotional. I remember a time you would have cried for days if you just thought you scared a puppy. Now you savagely run over it and you "don't feel very bad about it at all"!

C'mon, Stace. He was cute, would have licked your face, and probably has a mommy somewhere that misses him and just wants him to come home so she can cuddle with him...crying yet?

Anonymous said...

I once ran over a dog (not even a puppy) and couldn't ea t or sleep for 3 days... are you sure you don't even feel a little bit bad?
Can't stop thinking about poor mommy dog waiting for her little baby to come home!

Anonymous said...

Mom: I'm crying now! Are you happy?

Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie said...

Nope, I still don't feel bad!

Katie said...

Stace, I'm with you - my new neighbors have two dogs: one that barks at the sunrise and a beagle that howls at the moon. Right now, i think it might be therapeutic to have been in the car with you last Friday!