Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Spoke too soon

Well, I apparently spoke too soon when I enthusiastically reported that I felt great. Morning sickness has hit and has made my days interesting. It's not bad though as long as I have my soda crackers. My students always want to steal my crackers, the little punks. Don't mess with a pregnant woman's saltines:)

I've been teaching a class called Sports Writing and I've felt like it hasn't been going very well, but today things changed. One of my seniors told the guidance counselor that he wants to become a sports writer/broadcaster because he's enjoyed my class so much! I'm thrilled that I have these students fooled enough to think that I know what I'm doing with their class. We did play dodgeball today for class. I was teaching them how to take notes during a game, so we split into teams and half the class took notes while the other half played and vice versa. At the end we just had a massive game before the bell rang.

Only two more days to what is proving to be a very long week... I'll probably sleep through half of them. That's life for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Don't scare me with blog titles like this!!! :)

Guard your crackers with your life! I've heard that they're the only thing to save you from getting sick 5 times a day. If those punks come near you, just throw dodgeballs at them!

Bryan said...

Where was Sports Writing class when I was in high school? That sounds like fun.

Let me save you some time and list your possible responses to this comment:

1. Sports Writing is a high school class. East Canton just goes up to 8th grade, right?

2. We use computers for Sports Writing. You'll probably get a computer at East Canton within the next few years.

3. Your only option was probably Cow Writing.

4. I can see the headline now: Duh Est Kentan Fotbelll tim luzez agin' derrr . . . yeeh haw!

Anonymous said...

Relax Stacey, it will only last about 7 more months.... Gma Walker