Our hands are full, but you should see our hearts!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Toothpaste can make you gag?

Not to be a broken record, but morning sickness sucks! Somedays are very bad (like yesterday) and somedays are okay. The okay days are what gets me through the bad ones. It's weird how just the smell of toast can send me running for the bathroom and the taste of my toothpaste makes me gag...ahhh, the joys of pregnancy.

Andy is being a great husband. He's patiently putting up with me being a sub par wife and not doing any wifey things. I partially cooked dinner tonight until the smell of the stove burner bothered me, so he took over. I don't think we have any clean underware, but we'll live. All the work will still be there tomorrow.

Another English teacher at Carrollton is pregnant. This makes three of us English teachers who will be going on maternity leave in April. She's about three weeks farther along than I am, but they weren't telling anyone until this week. I wouldn't dare drink the water in Carrollton if you don't want to get pregnant!

This weekend was the Constitution Day parade that goes right past our house. Andy's family and my mom and Carla and Walker came on down to sit with us and watch it. It seemed less exciting than usual, but I did get some good snuggle time with Walker. Poor Ellie was sick and Kurt would rather stay home with her than go to a parade!

School is going well. I finally feel like I know what I am doing and most of my students' names. Another one of my students told me he wants to be a sports writer when he grows up. He's going to the Notre Dame game on Saturday and sitting in the press box, so I offered him extra credit if he would interview a sports writer there. It'll be interesting to see what he comes back with on Monday.

Welp, I believe it's awfully close to my bedtime, so that's it for now. The baby is doing well and making me sick, so that's a good sign!

4 comments:

Dale and Gail said...

hey sweetie, remember this?... "this pregnancy thing is a breeze"? Seriously, very proud of how you're getting thru day by day.
Proud of you, too, Andy. The only thing that may be worse than being a pukey pregnant woman is being married to a pukey pregnant woman.
It will all be so worth it--hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey, Memories!!! Can't drink or smell Pepsi to this day and that's 50 years ago. It WILL get better. Andy, if you eat or drink stuff that upset her tummy be careful not to burp around her b/c it has the same effect!!!! G-Gma Walker

Brad and Krystal said...

Yup, toothpaste will get you everytime!

Unknown said...

Did anyone else notice that 6:57pm is "awfully close to my bedtime"?